Shun Hing College Event Organization GuideYour ultimate guide to initiating something in SHC
We encourage every college student to initiate something here and contribute to our community. Please read the full guide carefully and follow it strictly when you organize events in SHC to help us keep things organized and maximize efficiency. (Updated by 09 Nov 2018)
*Note: This guide is for organizing events that use college resources (e.g. long-time occupation of public space, budget, branding, staff etc.) only.
Planning (Application & Event-coverage,Poster Design)
- Plan out your event, get a tutor to support it. (Please note that the final approval decision will be made by the master)
- Fill in the Activity Proposal Form and inform your supporting tutor. (Please login to your HKU Connect account in Gmail to access the form)
- Wait for the approval of your event. (Contact person: your supporting tutor)
- Apply for event coverage by college Media Team. Please email Resident Tutor Oliver Luo (email@example.com) 7 days before your event. After editing, the photos will be available in college Flickr albums (https://goo.gl/rsmBd5).
- If you would like to have help from college Design Team for poster design, please email Sandra (firstname.lastname@example.org) 10 days before your event.
Promoting (Facebook, Website, TV & Mass-email)
- Create a Facebook event yourself and start inviting people on Facebook.
- Notify the Resident Tutor Sonakshi Srivastava (email@example.com) about the Facebook event you created (in case you would like college FB to create an event directly, please mention in the email) and attach your poster JPG file, so the college can help promote your event on our official Facebook page and college website.
- Provide an 1920 x 1080dpi JPG file with essential information about your event (Name, Time, Date, Venue, Registration QR code) to the tutor in charge for promotion on TV in college lobby.
- Ask your supporting tutor to help send out the mass email.